Your ideas, your writing, your voice—my magic. One of my copyediting clients calls me “the editor fairy” because I transform his rough writing, as if by magic, into a work of art.
Whether it’s sales pages, blog posts, an ebook, or website content, my extensive experience means you get results. All businesses need clear, compelling writing that communicates the right message. And though you might be a good writer, you don’t have time to make sure it’s great writing. That’s where I come in.
Update: I’ve narrowed my editing services to fiction only—short stories, novellas, and novels—with some exceptions including previous clients. Please contact me (see form below) for more information.
What do copyeditors do?
Copyeditors generally focus on sentences. I smooth out rough edges and correct grammar, punctuation, and stylistic issues such as capitalization or hyphenation. I also revise awkward or wordy sentences and delete repetitive information or add missing data.
In addition, I review entire paragraphs and the document as a whole to ensure consistency in style and purpose. Finally, I check spelling, word choices, and details like company and product names. Is it PayPal or Paypal? Word Press, Word-press, or WordPress? Campbell Soup Company or Campbell’s Soup Company?
You can read more about the various types of editing and proofreading here.
I’m also experienced with newsletters, email marketing campaigns, and non-fiction ebooks. I’m especially familiar with topics such as business and entrepreneurship, personal development, environmental and social concerns, real estate, travel, and health or medical topics including veterinary medicine. If I haven’t mentioned your focus, just ask. Chances are good I’m familiar with it.
Customer service is just as important to me as the quality of work I deliver. I treat you with the professionalism, respect, and courtesy you deserve.
Put my skills and love of the written word to work.
- Native US English speaker
- Experienced with British English
- Chicago, Oxford, and AP style conventions (If this is gibberish to you, don’t worry. It just means I follow standard, professional writing rules for various situations.)
- BA and MA in English
- Over 15 years of professional experience
- University-level teaching and tutoring
- English as second language familiarity
What should you expect?
- We’ll discuss your project thoroughly before work begins, via email or Skype.
- You’ll always receive friendly, honest, straightforward, and professional service and advice.
- You’ll get fair, industry standard pricing that’s clear and easy to understand.
- You’ll rest easy with complete confidentiality.
- You’ll enjoy on-time delivery.
And in case you’re concerned, your “voice” and style are always retained while I polish your writing until it shines. Your writing will still be your writing; nobody will know you didn’t spend hours on editing yourself.
Questions? Email me using the form below.
I’ll respond within 24 hours Monday-Friday and most weekends with prices, availability, and any additional information you might need. (If you prefer, email me directly at Leah [at] SimpleWriting [dot] org.)
Thanks for your interest!